Times Internet has launched gocricket.com, a cricket portal with live streaming, cricket columns, fixtures which can be filtered by month, teams & series information. Times internet has the live streaming rifghts for IPL & last year boxTV platform was used to live stream the matches. India, a cricket frenzy nation, provides great oppportunity for cricket websites to grow & drive traffic to these sites. Some of the other cricket sites are cricinfo.com, circketworld.com & others. Mobile apps on Google play & apple app stores are also available. On the website you can find teams & players, results, live scores, videos & polls.
According to an AdGooroo research there were 177 automotive manufacturer sites sponsoring keywords on U.S. Google Desktop/Tablet in January and February this year. Top 20 of this drove 11.7 Million Paid Search Clicks in Jan & Feb’14 out of 14.4 million paid search clicks. This represents 81% of the clicks. Ford.com, chevrolet.com, honda.com & toyota.com are the top share of voice.
As the actin has shifted to mobile in recent years, auto websites are also seeing increased browsing from smartphones. People search for reviews, new cars, parts, service & others on mobile. Chevrolet.com, toyota.com, dodge.com, nissanusa.com & others are the top in mobile share of voice.
Some of the top auto manufactures in paid search are ford.com (#1 on desktop & #7 on mobile), chevrolet.com, honda.com & others.
MTS has launched an election tracker which analyses the social media data on politicians & parties. Through this the users will get to know the positive or negative sentiment, engagement, mentions on twitter & other useful information. This dashboard has been created by Social Samosa & powered by Konnectsocial. A word cloud along with sentiments by date is available. There is also a youtube section showing rating per video & most rated videos.
This is a good move by MTS as it helps the brand to uniquely stand out in the crowd with this innovative approach. Rather than spending the budget on Ads, this type of approach will help the brand to gain visibility & also viral marketing.
Global software revenue has totalled $407.3 billion in 2013 as per the report from Gartner. This is a 4.8% increase from 2012. Microsoft is at the top of the chart with revenue of $65.7 Billion with a growth rate of 6%. Oracle is at 2nd spot with $29.6 billion & captures 7.3% of the market. SMAC (social media, mobile, analytics & cloud) is rapidly changing the way business operate & software companies addressing the new technologies. Salesforce.com has the highest growth among the top 10 vendors at 33.3%. Some of the other companies in the list are IBM, SAP, Symantac, EMC, HP & others. HP & CA tachnologies have a negative growth rate of 2.7% & 2.6% respectively.
You will find more statistics at Statista
The booming ecommerce market in India has attracted VC’s to fund the next Indian ecommerce success story. Several Indian ecommerce startups like Flipkart, Myntra, snapdeal & others have already made a big name in Indian ecommerce space. Many are planning for expansion, M&A & others to gain new markets.
Accel Partners India has brought out a study on the ecommerce in India & how it is shaping up.
1) Online shopping of physical goods in India, will grow to $8.5Bn in 2016. Number of online shoppers in India will more than double to 40M. The study doesn’t take into consideration travel, ticketing and food ordering.
2) Last year saw the rise of fashion category – fashion e-commerce GMV doubled since 2012.
3) People are becoming more comfortable in ordering higher priced items online.
4) 35% of Online GMV in 2016 will be influenced by Women.
5) Tier 2 cities growing faster in ecommerce adoption. Potentially 40M shoppers between ages of 19 – 24 years, will start spending money online
6) Last year there was a big jump in average order value with new categories like jewellery, home decor & others.
Gionee India has launched Gionee Elife S5.5 in India. This is the world’s slimmest Android Smartphone & will be available in India by April. It is 5.5 mm in thickness & hence gets its name based on it. The phone looks amazingly great & has a 5 inch super AMOLED display. It is powered by a Octa-core 1.7GHz processor & a 13 mega pixel rear camera. The Android version is 4.2.2 with AMIGO OS 2.0.
It has been launched in various colors like Black, White, Blue, Pink, and Purple & priced at 22,999 Rs in India.It has a Non-removable 2300mAh Battery with a memory of 16GB & 2GB RAM. It is ultra slim with measurements of 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm. Gionee’s ELIFE series has done exceptionally well in India & with this new Elife model, it is expected to strengthen its position in India.
Google has launched an India specific elections site which provides a host of information about the parties, candidates & others related to the next general election. As per the tool,
1) Most Important issuses on people’s minds are corruption, scams & legislation.
2) CM India is searching for most is Modi, Arvind Kejriwal, Akhilesh Yadav, Kiran Kumar Reddy of AP & others.
3) Most Searched Regional Parties – AAP, SP, Shiv Sena, Trinamool congress, NC, IDP & others
4) Top Search queries on Indian Politicians – Modi’s live speeches, Biography, Rahul Gandhi’s interview, Jokes & Kejriwal’s news, Family.
5) Indian politicians currently having the highest ‘Google Score’ – Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, Kejriwal & Sonia Gandhi
Game of Thrones meets House of Cards in Frank Underwood’s new hit “House of Thrones”.