Times Internet has launched gocricket.com, a cricket portal with live streaming, cricket columns, fixtures which can be filtered by month, teams & series information. Times internet has the live streaming rifghts for IPL & last year boxTV platform was used to live stream the matches. India, a cricket frenzy nation, provides great oppportunity for cricket websites to grow & drive traffic to these sites. Some of the other cricket sites are cricinfo.com, circketworld.com & others. Mobile apps on Google play & apple app stores are also available. On the website you can find teams & players, results, live scores, videos & polls.
MTS has launched an election tracker which analyses the social media data on politicians & parties. Through this the users will get to know the positive or negative sentiment, engagement, mentions on twitter & other useful information. This dashboard has been created by Social Samosa & powered by Konnectsocial. A word cloud along with sentiments by date is available. There is also a youtube section showing rating per video & most rated videos.
This is a good move by MTS as it helps the brand to uniquely stand out in the crowd with this innovative approach. Rather than spending the budget on Ads, this type of approach will help the brand to gain visibility & also viral marketing.
The booming ecommerce market in India has attracted VC’s to fund the next Indian ecommerce success story. Several Indian ecommerce startups like Flipkart, Myntra, snapdeal & others have already made a big name in Indian ecommerce space. Many are planning for expansion, M&A & others to gain new markets.
Accel Partners India has brought out a study on the ecommerce in India & how it is shaping up.
1) Online shopping of physical goods in India, will grow to $8.5Bn in 2016. Number of online shoppers in India will more than double to 40M. The study doesn’t take into consideration travel, ticketing and food ordering.
2) Last year saw the rise of fashion category – fashion e-commerce GMV doubled since 2012.
3) People are becoming more comfortable in ordering higher priced items online.
4) 35% of Online GMV in 2016 will be influenced by Women.
5) Tier 2 cities growing faster in ecommerce adoption. Potentially 40M shoppers between ages of 19 – 24 years, will start spending money online
6) Last year there was a big jump in average order value with new categories like jewellery, home decor & others.
Gionee India has launched Gionee Elife S5.5 in India. This is the world’s slimmest Android Smartphone & will be available in India by April. It is 5.5 mm in thickness & hence gets its name based on it. The phone looks amazingly great & has a 5 inch super AMOLED display. It is powered by a Octa-core 1.7GHz processor & a 13 mega pixel rear camera. The Android version is 4.2.2 with AMIGO OS 2.0.
It has been launched in various colors like Black, White, Blue, Pink, and Purple & priced at 22,999 Rs in India.It has a Non-removable 2300mAh Battery with a memory of 16GB & 2GB RAM. It is ultra slim with measurements of 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm. Gionee’s ELIFE series has done exceptionally well in India & with this new Elife model, it is expected to strengthen its position in India.
Google has launched an India specific elections site which provides a host of information about the parties, candidates & others related to the next general election. As per the tool,
1) Most Important issuses on people’s minds are corruption, scams & legislation.
2) CM India is searching for most is Modi, Arvind Kejriwal, Akhilesh Yadav, Kiran Kumar Reddy of AP & others.
3) Most Searched Regional Parties – AAP, SP, Shiv Sena, Trinamool congress, NC, IDP & others
4) Top Search queries on Indian Politicians – Modi’s live speeches, Biography, Rahul Gandhi’s interview, Jokes & Kejriwal’s news, Family.
5) Indian politicians currently having the highest ‘Google Score’ – Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, Kejriwal & Sonia Gandhi
National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) has launched a mobile based app which will help people track how much to pay at tolls, locate the toll plazas & others. Commuters can search how much toll to pay between two places by looking up in the app. The toll details are currently available in the website www.nhaitis.org. A map of India along with toll stations has been uploaded in the site. This is a great step by NHAI as this help commuters track how much to pay in advance. Several instances of collecting more than the prescribed toll amount has resulted in fights at the toll booths.
Samsung has launched Galaxy S5 in India. This is the latest Galaxy mobile phone from Samsung in India & features latest specifications. Samsung’s latest will compete with Sony, Apple & LG’s mobile phones in the high end range. It has a 16 MP rear camera & 2 MP front camera with a 5.1″ full HD super AMOLED display. It has Android 4.4.2 kitkat and powered Quad 1.9GHz + Quad 1.3GHz processor. It has a 2 GB RAM and IP67 certificated Dust & Water Resistant. Galaxy S5 connects with the new Samsung Gear Fit and Gear 2.
Health has become the new frontier for mobile makers & Apple, Samsung & others are integrating health features to the mobile. Galaxy S5 is the first smart phone with a built-in Heart Rate sensor to measure your heart rate on the phone. Galaxy S5′s pedometer and S Health keeps track of your calories burned, speed & others.
Kotak Mahindra Bank & Indiblogger organized Kotak jifi event at the Biere Club, Bangalore saw the launch of Kotak jifi account. It is a digital current account which offers easy access, hassle free transactions & many benefits. Through this banking has been redefined in social terms as updates can be received through twitter, social points/transaction points & you can refer freinds to open the account. A Facebook account is required to open the account. Social element of banking has been incorporated into Kotak jifi & perhaps this is for the first time in India, this has been done. Kotak’s Jifi will add a new dimension to the Indian banking business models. Liking, commenting, refer a friend & other activities will be beneficial for the first time in terms of social/transaction points & this would help users.
1) This type of account will provide First Mover Advantage to the Kotak Mahindra Bank as this is the first time in India a Bank is using social profiles to go for new accounts.
2) With Millions of Indian youths on Facebook, it will be easier for the bank to get new customers.
3) Future is mobile & online transactions. Both of these have been embedded into this Jifi account
4) Opening the account is easy & social/transaction points provide the advantage of attracting the youths.
5) This type of account provides the confidence for the users on the bank as the Bank has moved to a new era of social banking where no other bank has moved so far.
6) The bank has to use innovative strategies to sustain the momentum & make it a successful product.
Youths spend a majority of their time on Facebook/twitter/you tube, eCommerce shopping, mobile messaging & others. Youths have become the major customers in this net generation & tapping them through social media will provide first mover advantages to the bank. Right now the account is invitation only and can be funded online through Net Banking or a Debit Card transaction from your other bank account or through cheque. kotak jifi is currently available in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Coimbatore, Jaipur and Lucknow.You can connect your twitter account through jifi dashboard & can get bank account details. You can use tweet to ‘@kotakjifi’ with the corresponding hashtag for your request & you will get a DM to your twitter handle.
The launch at the Biere club was wonderful with great food, beer & twitter contest. Event was also held at Delhi & Mumbai with Chethan Bhagat joining from Mumbai. Google hangout was a great feature to interact with other bloggers.
State Bank of India, India’s largest bank, has launched SBIePay, an online payment gateway facilitating e-commerce/m-commerce transactions for merchants, customers & others. Some of the top features of the sevice are Merchant can add various channels to allow their customers to transact − Kiosk, ATM, IVR, e-Commerce, Mobile, Aadhar, POS, etc, add products/segments on daily basis and in a dynamic nature & others. Indian online payment gateway has been dominated by billdesk & ccavenue.
SBI being the largest bank & with a variety of financial products & services is sure to shake up the Indian payment gateway market. SBI’s brand is respected and trusted all over the country. SBIePay wants to be the one stop solution for processing all online payment modes from all bank accounts.