Global software revenue has totalled $407.3 billion in 2013 as per the report from Gartner. This is a 4.8% increase from 2012. Microsoft is at the top of the chart with revenue of $65.7 Billion with a growth rate of 6%. Oracle is at 2nd spot with $29.6 billion & captures 7.3% of the market. SMAC (social media, mobile, analytics & cloud) is rapidly changing the way business operate & software companies addressing the new technologies. Salesforce.com has the highest growth among the top 10 vendors at 33.3%. Some of the other companies in the list are IBM, SAP, Symantac, EMC, HP & others. HP & CA tachnologies have a negative growth rate of 2.7% & 2.6% respectively.
You will find more statistics at Statista
The booming ecommerce market in India has attracted VC’s to fund the next Indian ecommerce success story. Several Indian ecommerce startups like Flipkart, Myntra, snapdeal & others have already made a big name in Indian ecommerce space. Many are planning for expansion, M&A & others to gain new markets.
Accel Partners India has brought out a study on the ecommerce in India & how it is shaping up.
1) Online shopping of physical goods in India, will grow to $8.5Bn in 2016. Number of online shoppers in India will more than double to 40M. The study doesn’t take into consideration travel, ticketing and food ordering.
2) Last year saw the rise of fashion category – fashion e-commerce GMV doubled since 2012.
3) People are becoming more comfortable in ordering higher priced items online.
4) 35% of Online GMV in 2016 will be influenced by Women.
5) Tier 2 cities growing faster in ecommerce adoption. Potentially 40M shoppers between ages of 19 – 24 years, will start spending money online
6) Last year there was a big jump in average order value with new categories like jewellery, home decor & others.
Gionee India has launched Gionee Elife S5.5 in India. This is the world’s slimmest Android Smartphone & will be available in India by April. It is 5.5 mm in thickness & hence gets its name based on it. The phone looks amazingly great & has a 5 inch super AMOLED display. It is powered by a Octa-core 1.7GHz processor & a 13 mega pixel rear camera. The Android version is 4.2.2 with AMIGO OS 2.0.
It has been launched in various colors like Black, White, Blue, Pink, and Purple & priced at 22,999 Rs in India.It has a Non-removable 2300mAh Battery with a memory of 16GB & 2GB RAM. It is ultra slim with measurements of 145.1 x 70.2 x 5.55mm. Gionee’s ELIFE series has done exceptionally well in India & with this new Elife model, it is expected to strengthen its position in India.
Google has launched an India specific elections site which provides a host of information about the parties, candidates & others related to the next general election. As per the tool,
1) Most Important issuses on people’s minds are corruption, scams & legislation.
2) CM India is searching for most is Modi, Arvind Kejriwal, Akhilesh Yadav, Kiran Kumar Reddy of AP & others.
3) Most Searched Regional Parties – AAP, SP, Shiv Sena, Trinamool congress, NC, IDP & others
4) Top Search queries on Indian Politicians – Modi’s live speeches, Biography, Rahul Gandhi’s interview, Jokes & Kejriwal’s news, Family.
5) Indian politicians currently having the highest ‘Google Score’ – Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Manmohan Singh, Kejriwal & Sonia Gandhi
Game of Thrones meets House of Cards in Frank Underwood’s new hit “House of Thrones”.