Viral Video of GoPro: Red Bull Stratos – The Full Story.
The chart below shows how facebook’s Whatsapp acquisition stands compared to other high profile tech acquisition. Facebook’s deal is the biggest one in the recent times followed by Google’s Motorola Deal. Social media space is seeing a lot of acquisitions. Facebook also bought Instagram for $1 Billion & is growing at a very good pace. Google has done many acquisitions recently in the Robotics, Internet of things & other areas.
Whatsapp handles more than 50 billion messages a day, 500 million images & has 450 million users. It has a very good market share of mobile messaging app in countries like India, Brazil & others.
You will find more statistics at Statista
Facebook will acquire popular mobile messaging app, Whatspp, for a total of around $16 billion, including $4 billion in cash and $12 billion worth of Facebook shares. There is also an additional $3 billion in restricted stock units to be granted to WhatsApp’s founders and employees. Official News from WhatsApp & Facebook. Some of the gains for Facebook will be
1) Over 450 million people using Whatsapp each month, with 70% of them active on a day. Facebook will have access to these millions of users outside of its huge market of US. Whatsapp is highly popular in India, brazil & other Asian countries where FB’s messaging app is yet to make huge inroads.
2) Messaging volume approaching the entire global telecom SMS volume. Millions of Images are handled by Whatspp which is way less when compared to other mobile apps & also Facebook. It is for the same reason of Images, Facebook purchased Instagram
3) Facebook’s idea of becoming a mobile company fits with the Whatsapp’s mobile messaging app. The deal will help Facebook get millions of users at a very reasonable investment & also to have a global reach.
Brand Finance has released the Brand Finance Global 500 which provides the most powerful & most valuable brands globally. Ferrari is the world’s most powerful brand. Employee satisfaction, brand finance, loyalty, visual identity & online presence makes it the world’s most powerful brand. Ferrari is one of only 11 brands (including Google, Hermès, Coca-Cola, Disney, Rolex and F1 racing rivals Red Bull) to be awarded an AAA+ brand rating and has the highest overall score.
Apple is the world’s most valuable brand for the 3rd year in a row. Samsung’s brand value has increased from US$20 billion to US$79 billion this year. Facebook has added 76% to its brand value this year & making it to 122nd position. US brands dominate the Brand Finance’s list, with 185 brands of the 500 spots occupied by it.
TRAI has released the latest figures for wireless & Wireline subscribers in India for year ending 2013 Dec 31st. Total of 886.30 million mobile subscribers with 28.89 wireline subscribers. There is a monthly growth of 0.59% in Mobile. Share of Urban subscribers is 59.42% & Rural is 40.58%. Total Broadband (> 512 Kbps) subscription is 55.20 million at the end of Dec, 2013. Total phone subscribers is 915.19 million at the end of December 2013.
Mobile Number Portability requests increased from 106.87 million subscribers at the end of Nov, 2013 to 109.37 million at the end of Dec, 2013. The overall Teledensity in India stands at 74.02% for Dec, 2013. Private operators hold 88.73% of the mobile subscriber market share where as BSNL and MTNL, the two PSU operators hold only 11.27% market share.
If the Infinite scroll is not implemented in search engine friendly way, crawlers find it difficult to crawl & index. Then the content will not surface in search results. Google Webmaster Central has a great article on how to implement the Infinite Scroll in a search engine friendly way.
1) The webpage or the CMS used should produce a paginated series to go along with the infinite scroll.
2) All the individual items are accessible. However, with the normal infinite scroll, crawler can’t discover individual items displayed after the initial page load.
3) Decide how much content to have in each page.
4) The content should be so divided that there is no overlap.
5) Each component page contains a full URL.
6) Use rel=next and rel=prev values in the section to configure pagination.
7) Implement replaceState/pushState on the infinite scroll page.
Mobile OS Market Share for Android, Apple iOS, Windows Phone, Blackberry & Others. Android dominates the Mobile OS market. Apple iOS is at #2 followed by Windows phone.
You will find more statistics at Statista
Google has launched a safety campaign called “Good to know“, which teaches net users about Internet safety, security & data management online. It also makes internet users to be digitally empowered. This has been launched as part of the safer internet day. This is Google’s biggest consumer education campaign & comes in the wake of increasing online frauds, malware, spyware & other threats. This will make millions of new internet users to be digitally responsible.
Some of the Google security & privacy tools are 2 step verification, Incognito mode in Chrome, Google account settings, Google Web History controls & others. Some of the sections in the website include How you can stay safe & secure online, how you can protect your family online & how Google helps protects you.
Viral Video : Yalın – Keyfi Yolunda, Aşkı Sonunda
Twitter has become a top social media platform to air views on the current events, lok sabha elections & other happenings in the country. The number of information requests & removal requests by the Govt. of India has gone up over the years as can be seen from the tables below.
19 Information requests in the 2nd half of 2013 as against less than 10 in the first half. Similarly the removal requests have gone up as well. The removal requests – court order shows the power of twitter in the social media space. Tweets withheld has increased to 13 in the last half of 2013. Some of the other countries which have made requests include US, UK, Mexico, Japan & others.