2013 India Digital Future in Focus
comScore has released the 2013 India Digital Future in Focus report. This report provides an overview of the Indian web usage, online videos, social networking in India & other India related Internet & Digital information. It also provides trends in Indian Retail, Travel, Entertainment & other sectors.
Internet Usage in India is growing rapidly & this has led to a boom in the Indian eCommerce sector. Advertising, Social Network & others are some of the other areas growing rapidly. E commerce which was limited to Metro & tier 1 cities is expanding beyond this now. VC funding for the online shopping sites is a great example of this Indian growth story.
Some of the highlights from 2013 India Digital Future in Focus are:
1) 73.9 million home and work internet users in India. China & US are in the top 2 positions & India is at 3rd.
2) Women between the ages of 35-44 form the heaviest internet users in India
3) Blogging audience stands at 36 Million visitors with 485 growth in the last year
4) 54 million internet users in India watch Online videos
5) India has overtaken Japan to become the world’s third biggest Internet population.
6) Apparel is the fastest growth category in India with 13.4 million unique visitors.