Mary Meeker of the VC firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers has unveiled her 2nd Internet trends report at the D11 conference. This follows up her famed 1st report on the global internet growth & usage. Some of the important finds from the report are
1) There are 2.4 Billion internet users around the world.
2) Domination of tablets over desktops/laptops
3) 500 Million photos shared in the internet daily.
4) Around 100 hrs of video is uploaded every min on YouTube.
5) Flickr, Snapchat, Instagram & Facebook are the imp photo sharing sites
6) Facebook leads the Social media followed by YouTube, twitter, Google+ & others.
7) China now has more users of Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android mobile OS than US