Browser wars refers to the user share of the browsers among IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera & others. First browser war was between Microsoft IE & netscape navigator. IE succesfully crushed the navigator in the first browser war & became the dominant browser. In the last few years the market share of IE has gone down drastically with the new browsers coming to the market like Firefox, Opera, Chrome & others. Apple devices have a strong share of Safari. Google’s chrome has become the dominant browser now. Chrome, which is celebrating 5th birthday, is now responsible for 43% of the world’s desktop traffic.
Mosaic was the first browser which combined both the words & image together. Now with the rise of mobile & tablet devices, browser war has taken on a new dimension. Nokia, Blackberry, Samsung, Apple, HTC, LG, Sony & others are some of the top mobile devices.
You will find more statistics at Statista
Google+ which made its début 2 years ago has been updated with new features. There are 190 million people active on Google+ stream & 390 million across Google. Google which faced serious competition from Facebook introduced Google+ in a bid to enter social networking space. The new google+ features are great & provide it with the much needed changes to stay in competition with facebook. Some of the new features available on Google+ are
1) Information has been organized across the columns. It can be between 1 to 3 columns.
2) Photos & Videos look richer & they occupy the entire width of the screen
3) When you click on the sharebox, it bounces & also the menus slide
4) Hashtags have also been added to the info shared on Google+. Depending on the post, they are tagged accordingly.
5) Clicking on the hashtag, provides relevent information
6) Hangouts has also been updated with new features & the app is available from Google play, app store & Chrome webs store.