Adobe has released a study titled “Digital Distress: What Keeps Marketers Up at Night?” which reveals how marketers are feeling about Digital. The survey covered 1000 US marketers with a 95% confidence level & margin of error is +/- 3.1% for the sample. Some of the findings of the survey are
1) 76% of marketers think marketing has changed more in the past two years than the past 50 years.
2) Only 44% say marketing dept. have a great deal of influence over their Company’s overall business strategy
3) Only 40% think their company’s marketing is effective
4) Just one in three marketers think their companies are highly proficient in digital marketing
5) 61% of all marketers think that digital marketing approaches are a constant cycle of trial & error
6) 66% of all marketers state companies won’t succeed unless they have a digital marketing approach.
7) Cross channel marketing is a stronger driver of success among digital marketers
AT&T’s tweet related to 9/11 has created a firestorm in the blogosphere & social media. On Wednesday, AT&T posted a pic on its twitter account, of a hand holding a smartphone with the screen displaying the tribute in light. 2 Light beams for the twin towers. Soon, there was a firestorm on Facebook & twitter accusing AT&T of using the 9/11 anniversary of trying to promote a cell phone. AT&T later removed the picture & also offered apologies for the post. There was also an apology from the CEO on the company blog.
Companies should have social media strategy in place to deal with the social media crisis. Campaigns, promotions & other marketing related activities should be evaluated thoroughly before going ahead with the launch.
India’s 30 Most valuable Brands by Interbrand – Tata, Reliance, Airtel, SBI, Infosys & others in the list
Interbrand India has unveiled the 30 most valuable Indian brands. For any brand, it is the value it achieves is of paramount importance. Several Indian brands have been popular in India after Independence. With the opening of Indian economy for MNC’s in the 90′s, Indian brands have come a long way. Interbrand’s brand valuation methodology determines the contribution that the brand makes to the business’s results.
Several new & old companies have made it to the top 30 list. The sectors are also varied ranging from telecom, financial services, tehcnology, energy, automotive, FMCG & others. TATA tops the table with $10,907M brand value. Tata is followed by Reliance, Airtel, SBI, Infosys in the top 5 position. Banking powerhouse SBI & other banking giants like Axis bank, ICICI, Bank of Baroda, PNB & Union Bank have made it to the top 30 list.