The number of Internet users in India has reached 205 million in October this year with a 40% YOY growth. Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB International have released I-Cube 2013 report on the Internet users in India. China currently has 300 million internet users while US comes at 2nd with 207 Million users. It is also expected that by June 2014 Internet users in India will be 243 million becoming the top 2nd country in the world.
This huge user base will help develop & grow the internet economy. Online shopping has become popular in India with a large number of shopping portals. 137 million urban users & 68 million rural users. With 110 million mobile internet users in October, and is estimated to reach 130 million by the end of December. More than 50% of urban internet users access internet daily & the demography includes youth, working men, older men & non-working women. Urban centers like Mumbai, Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai & other metros have a huge internet user base.
Adobe has released a study titled “Digital Distress: What Keeps Marketers Up at Night?” which reveals how marketers are feeling about Digital. The survey covered 1000 US marketers with a 95% confidence level & margin of error is +/- 3.1% for the sample. Some of the findings of the survey are
1) 76% of marketers think marketing has changed more in the past two years than the past 50 years.
2) Only 44% say marketing dept. have a great deal of influence over their Company’s overall business strategy
3) Only 40% think their company’s marketing is effective
4) Just one in three marketers think their companies are highly proficient in digital marketing
5) 61% of all marketers think that digital marketing approaches are a constant cycle of trial & error
6) 66% of all marketers state companies won’t succeed unless they have a digital marketing approach.
7) Cross channel marketing is a stronger driver of success among digital marketers