Twitter is an online social networking and microblogging service that enables users to send and read tweets, which are text messages limited to 140 characters. Twitter has become an important part of marketing activity for any brand. Brands use it to communicate with their customers, announcements, offers & for feedback. Mycleveragency has been working with Brandwatch about how brands are performing on twitter. Given below is a brief from their study.
1) 253 brands were monitored for the study & of which, 97.6% brands tweeted in 2013 compared to 90% in 2012.
2) More than half of these brands (145) tweet 30 or more times per week. The tweet handle should be closer to the brand name.
3) Among the top 100 most-followed brands, @Notebook, @ESPN, @Playstation and @Disney engage the most with their Twitter audiences.
4) In 2013, 63% of brands use multiple accounts, while in 2012 only 35% used several accounts.
5) The maximum tweets per week for brands monitored in the US was 2,500, as opposed to just 113 tweets in the UK.
6) Twitter website & Hootsuite are the popular platforms to tweet for brands. New entrants for 2013 include Sprout Social and Conversocial.