Whether advertisement is done through newspaper, TV or mobile earning the consumer trust & confidence is of paramount importance. Nielsen’s latest “Trust In Advertising” report sheds more light on what form of advt is trusted more?. This survey was conducted between February 18 and March 8, 2013, and polled more than 29,000 consumers in 58 countries throughout Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East, Africa and North America.
1) Word-of-mouth recommendations from friends and family is the most influential at 84% up from 78% in 2007.
2) Trust in branded websites is the 2nd top in the list at 69% followed by Consumer opinions posted online.
3) 45% believed display ads on mobile phones were credible, and 37% trusted text ads on mobile phones, up from 18 percent in 2007.
4) Trust in television ads is 62% in 2013.
5) Ads served in search engine results has a trust of 48%