Getting Digital Right 2015is the 2nd annual look at the state of digital marketing by Millward Brown Digital, WPP’s market research division. Survey from over 400 marketers spanning brands, media companies, and agencies, have been summarized in the report. Some of the findings of the report are
1) transforming Big Data into intelligent Decisions is the #1 Opportunity for Marketers in 2015
2) Prioritizing Digital Best Practices is the hallmark of a strong Marketing research Program
3) Only 14% marketers are confident with Big Data usage at their work places
4) Nearly 50% of brand marketers, and over 65% of media and agency marketers ranked the ability to reach target
audiences as a key factor in media budget allocation.
5) 67% marketers are adopting behavioral research to understand audiences and their actions, as a key to staying competitive
6) 70% of marketers would increase their budget in Digital, Mobile, and Social channels if ROI measurement was improved
Google has announced the biggest expansion of Google Trends since 2012. Google Trends has been redesigned and will now show real-time data. Many of these changes have been done based on the feedback Google has got. The new site gives a faster, deeper and more comprehensive view of our world. Material Design has made its way into most of the company’s products.
You can now explore minute-by-minute, real-time data behind the more than 100 billion searches that take place on Google every month. You can find where in the world people are searching & what stories are searched. For any topic clicked on,trending queries related to it is also given.
On the new google.com/trends home page, real-time list of trending stories that are gaining traction across Google is given. Also info from Youtube & google news is taken into consideration.
For data journalists who want to do their own analysis, data sets on specific topics will be published google’s Github page.
Introduction to the 2015-16 Digital Outlook Study Conducted by SoDA in partnership with Econsultancy, the 2015-2016 Digital Outlook Study reveals some intriguing & challenging trends.
Marketing Mediums Merging. Content marketing, SEO, PR, social media are all blending into one skill set. No longer is there a need for numerous boutique agencies, as such disciplines are all inter-dependent upon each other with today’s techniques.
Globally, 46.9% of respondents indicated they were either a) reallocating more budget into digital from their existing marketing spend or b) increasing digital budgets while also increasing their overall marketing spend.