WAZA, World Association for Zoos and Aquarium, has developed a set of tools which would engage zoo visitors in actions supporting biodiversity. One of the tools is a mobile app with games, quiz, actions & others. There are links in the app as well which can be shared on social media profiles. 400 Different animal species are found around the world & 40 of which are found in the Mysore zoo.
Images of animals are also included in the tool & users can also take pics & share on the social media. The app has been developed for ios/android & help users with conserving biodiversity. Mysuru Zoo, is a member of WAZA and helping on ‘Biodiversity is us’ in association with Zoo Outreach Organization, Coimbatore.
Some of the highlights of the Cleartrip’s Q2’14 mobile Highlights are
1) 67% increase in mobile searches. with 43% of the total traffic share is for mobile & 30% of overall transactions on mobile
2) Device breakup – Tablet 8% & mobile 92% in Q2
3) Android driving 39% of the traffic while iOS 15%
4) Amongst the browsers, Chrome, android browser & Safari top the list
5) iOS 7 was the most used iOS version in Q2’14. iOS8 is also catching up with 44% share
6) Mobile played a key role in this increase of conversion.
Indian Railways has launched their official android App on Google Play Store called IRCTC Connect. Users can use their existing login details to login & book tickets, cancel tickets, search & other activities on the app. This is a good move by the Railways as a large number of people have android smartphones & wiil increase the usage of the app. Earlier it was available for Blackberry app store. Going by the screenshots of the app, a right combination of color, navigation has been used in the app.
App developers have to develop the App as per the app store guidelines. With a long list of guidelines, developers often find it difficult to adhare to. Apple has released a list of top 10 reasons why your app is getting rejected. 58% are the top 10 reasons while 42% are the other reasons. More information needed & apps that exhibit bugs are the top 2 reasons for rejection. Apps that are in “beta”, “demo”, “trial”, or “test” versions will be rejected.
Yahoo Aviate has released an infographic showing the Android usage patterns. The report is based on the anonymous data collected using the Yahoo Aviate users.
Some of the findings of the study are
1) Average Apps installed on device – 95
2) Daily Interaction with apps – 100
3) Average Apps used throughout the day – 35
4) Weather apps usage peaks in Morn & evening as people plan for their days
5) Phone & SMS are used heavily during work hours
6) Calendar usage peaks in the morning.
Apple iOS, Android & Windows mobile OS have become the top mobile OS brands in smartphones. As per the IDC report, 58.7% of the 255 million Android devices shipped in Q2 2014 cost less than $200 off contract. 21.52% of the android phones fall in the mid range & only 19% of the android phones in High end range. 61.4% of the Windows phones fall in low end segment & 13% in high end segment.