According to comScore data, an average user in the United States spent less than 3 minutes a day using Twitter on mobile devices in the fourth quarter 2015 – Facebook sees 10 times that engagement, as our chart illustrates. To make things worse, Twitter’s mobile engagement has been declining for seven straight quarters until the end of 2015 and supposedly continued doing so in the first three months of 2016.
With Videos taking a center stage in the digital marketing activities & engaging with the customers, Periscope & Meerkat provide a great opportunity for marketers to engage with the customers. Some of the ways in which these can be used to connect with the customers include
1) Provide product/service demos. This would help customers understand & learn more about your product/service
2) Use these services to broadcase Industry trends, market inforrmation & other related news
3) Connect with a customer & broadcast it to your audience
4) Participate with other industry leading experts on your area & share comments
5) Provide info about your periscope/meerkat videos on other social media channels with hashtags & links
6) Grow your audience base by collecting the email ID’s of the viewers & sharing the info about your future live acts.
7) Live streams are also available on the web now & can be braodcast to a larger audience