Twitter’s vine is the fastest growing app in the world. Its user base grew 403% between Q1’13 & Q3’13. With millions of users, vine has become a popular tool for marketers. Many marketers are using vine videos to connect with their customers & also for promotions. Flickr & Instagram are in the 2nd & 3rd positions with a growth of 146% & 130% respectively. Top 3 apps are related to Video/Pics Sharing. Whats app & Facebook Messenger are chat related apps with a growth of 123% & 107% respectively. Amongst the social media sites, Facebook, Twitter & Youtube are in the list.
You will find more statistics at Statista
President Obama has debuted on Instagram with the opening of an official White House account on Wednesday. There are instagram Videos as well & have received thousands of likes. Since Obama’s election in 2008, the White house has been active on many social media networks. Obama has been successful in using Social media for winning in the elections.
There is also a social hub on White house website listing all the social media profiles & showing how President Obama is committed to making this the most open and participatory administration. You can join online events with the White House officials, asking questions & also participate in various activities. On these profiles you’ll find news from the blog, behind-the-scenes photos/videos & other interesting stuff.
- The White House has an offical Pinterest page with 179 pins & 9 boards.
- The White House joined Tumble in 2013 & the official page is at
- The White House Instagram has got 78824 followers & 7 photos has been posted.
- The White House has a channel on Vimeo with 4,597 followers & 847 videos
- The White house joined Youtube during his inauguration in 2009 & have posted thousands of videos & with thousands of followers
Mary Meeker of the VC firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers has unveiled her 2nd Internet trends report at the D11 conference. This follows up her famed 1st report on the global internet growth & usage. Some of the important finds from the report are
1) There are 2.4 Billion internet users around the world.
2) Domination of tablets over desktops/laptops
3) 500 Million photos shared in the internet daily.
4) Around 100 hrs of video is uploaded every min on YouTube.
5) Flickr, Snapchat, Instagram & Facebook are the imp photo sharing sites
6) Facebook leads the Social media followed by YouTube, twitter, Google+ & others.
7) China now has more users of Apple’s iOS and Google’s Android mobile OS than US
With the rapid growth of social media, it is important for brands, products, services & others to have social media strategies in place. There are various types of content that can be used in social media like video, pics, audio, posts, stories & others. The selection of a particular type of content depends on the promotion, type of audience, type of brand & others. Sometimes the engagement will be more with video or may be with pics depending on the type of post. When posting in facebook, number of likes, shares & comments need to be taken into consideration. In youtube, number of comments, views, time duration video is viewed & other factors can be considered. Pics can also be posted in pintarest, instagram, flickr & others for visual marketing.