The data by social media research firm, Simplify360, has been collected from over 57 eCommerce firms in India. Some of the factors taken into considerations are organic mentions, inorganic mentions, fan size & others.
Top 5 eCommerce website on Social Media is Flipkart, Snapdeal, eBay, Myntra & Jabong. Yepme is the leader on Facebook with 59,08,797 fans, top 3 players have 51% of voice share, Snap deal high on engagement.
Flipkart has introduced same day guaranteed delivery in 10 cities in India. This is currently available in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad, Kolkata, Manesar, Navi mumbai and Thane. To avail this, order has to be placed before 12 noon & get it delivered same day. For Same-day Guarantee, there is a promotional price of rs 140 per item
There is also a in-a-day guarantee program available in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Noida, Pune, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Nagpur, Agra, Ambala, Bhatinda, Davangree, Hissar, Hubli, Ludhiana, Meerut, Navi mumbai, Panipat, Patiala and Thane. Order before 6 pm & get it delivered tomorrow. There is a promotional price of 90 Rs per item for In-a-day guarantee program. There is a list of T&C for these same day guaranteed delivery & is available on Flipkart website.
In the wake of increasing competitive in the Indian eCommerce space, companies are innovating new services to cater to the customers. With Product & price almost same, companies are trying to have USP in the way services are delivered.
The booming ecommerce market in India has attracted VC’s to fund the next Indian ecommerce success story. Several Indian ecommerce startups like Flipkart, Myntra, snapdeal & others have already made a big name in Indian ecommerce space. Many are planning for expansion, M&A & others to gain new markets.
Accel Partners India has brought out a study on the ecommerce in India & how it is shaping up.
1) Online shopping of physical goods in India, will grow to $8.5Bn in 2016. Number of online shoppers in India will more than double to 40M. The study doesn’t take into consideration travel, ticketing and food ordering.
2) Last year saw the rise of fashion category – fashion e-commerce GMV doubled since 2012.
3) People are becoming more comfortable in ordering higher priced items online.
4) 35% of Online GMV in 2016 will be influenced by Women.
5) Tier 2 cities growing faster in ecommerce adoption. Potentially 40M shoppers between ages of 19 – 24 years, will start spending money online
6) Last year there was a big jump in average order value with new categories like jewellery, home decor & others.
Google has released the 2013 search trends which provides an overview of what places, movies, people & other things people are looking. This year provides for 1,000+ top 10 lists across various categories from 72 countries. Globally Nelson Mandela is the #1 trending search followed by Paul Walker & iPhone 5s.
1) IRCTC, crininfo, Flipkart & PNR status are the most searched terms.
2) Top trending In India are Chennai Express, IPL 2013, Aashiqui 2 & UIDAI.
3) Among People Sunny Leone, Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif, Deepika Paukone & SRK are in the top 5 list.
4) Aashiqui 2, Chennai Express, Krrish 3, Dhoom 3 are the top 4 movies.
With the era of dotcom boom over, social media & networking is playing a key role in the new startups. With Indian economy booming, several VC’s are investing in India. This has led to a boom of startups in India & several tech startups are doing well. SOme of the top Indian startups are snapdeal.com, flipkart.com, redbus.in, myntra.com, yebhi.com & others. Some of these startups are also advertising & promoting on social media websites & TV. This has led to job creaion in startups also. Even the international media is also focussing on Indian startup story. Will India ever produce the likes of facebook, twitter & others which have a huge international following.