Social Media campaigns have been used by brands to create innovative campaigns. Biskrem, a biscuit brand in Turkey has been creating ‘Instagram Adventures’ for its fans. A game that plays out through content clues, images, videos and codes to unlock a path to the finish. The games uses all features of Instagram.
Simply Measured has a blog post on the Social Media stats for 2014 Fifa World Cup. The world cup has created a sort of records in terms of shares, interactions, engagement & amplification for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & others. The big debate is which sporting event in future will overtake this record? Some of the stats are
1) The final #WorldCup game between Ger & Arg alone resulted in 280 million interactions by 88 million people on Facebook. For Facebook, this has become one of the most popular sporting event in its history
2) The final match created a record number of tweets with more than 618,725 tweets per minute(TPM)
3) Fifa’s Instagram account increased from 42,000 followers to nearly 908,753 followers in 31 days. (http://instagram.com/fifaworldcup). #WorldCup #Brasil2014 #Copa2014 #CM2014 #WM2014 are the tags for Fifa world cup
4) “The Fifa #WorldCup has generated more Facebook interactions than the Super Bowl, Oscars & Olympics combined.”. Super Bowl has created a big name for social media interactions in the US
5) More than 2 billion world cup related searches on Google (https://www.google.com/trends/worldcup#/en-gb/)
6) More than 32 million tweets about the #GERvsARG match.
With Social Media becoming a part of Brand’s Marketing activities, there are many challenges while executing the social media activities. Some of it are How to increase the shares of my posts, Time of posting, How to increase follower counts, Increase the amplification/reach/engagement & others. You can measure the social media effectivenesses of your campaigns using analytic tools. Google Analytics, Klout & others are some of the free tools available to measure the metrics. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest & others are some of the top social media networks to use in your marketing activities.
The chart below shows how facebook’s Whatsapp acquisition stands compared to other high profile tech acquisition. Facebook’s deal is the biggest one in the recent times followed by Google’s Motorola Deal. Social media space is seeing a lot of acquisitions. Facebook also bought Instagram for $1 Billion & is growing at a very good pace. Google has done many acquisitions recently in the Robotics, Internet of things & other areas.
Whatsapp handles more than 50 billion messages a day, 500 million images & has 450 million users. It has a very good market share of mobile messaging app in countries like India, Brazil & others.
You will find more statistics at Statista
Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Crown Prince of Dubai, launched the #MyDubai initiative to create the Autobiography of Dubai city through Social Media. This is the world’s first Autobiography of a city. As a part of this initiative, residents are encouraged to capture the moments & experiences of Dubai & share it on #MyDubai Instagram, #MyDubai Twitter, #MyDubai Facebook & other socia media channels using #MyDubai. Photos, Video, Content & others will showcase the face of Dubai.
The initiate will explore the dynamics, culture, values of the City which has become a show-piece of modern technology. Photographs and video submitted on social media channels will document the city & this will be utilized for events, books, films & other activities. More than 75K images, videos have been shared on social media channels with #MyDubai hashtag. An”e-museum” will be created to store the best entries.
Social Media played a crucial role in 2013 for brands, news, marketers & others. Social media established itself as a top priority area for brands to focus & connect with the customers. 2013 also saw the rise of Vine & Instagram videos. Pinterest, Facebook mobile, Twitter & youtube had a great year in 2013.