Mary Meeker, current partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers(KPCB), delivered her annual State of the Internet presentation at the Code conference in California. Some of the important points from the report are
1) Internet user growth has slowed at less than 10% Y/Y growth, mobile data traffic with 81% accelerating growth.
2) Tablets growing faster than PC’s ever did with 52$ in 2013
3) Mobile Usage continues to rise rapidly with 25% of total Web usage
4) Social Media Traffic Referral Leaders = Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter with estimated 21%, 7%, 1% of global referrals.
5) >47% of Online Transactions Use ‘Free-Shipping,’ vs. 35% Five Years Ago.. Same-Day Local Delivery is the Next Big Thing.