Using Google search console, you can find out how Google treats & understands your app content in its search results. Using the stats from the search console, you can improve your app for better traffic, downloads & others.
Add your app to Google search console through entering your app name: android-app://com.example to search console. This data is shown to authorized app owners only.
Connect your site to your app by associating your site with your app. It helps with understanding and ranking the app content better.
The new Search Analytics report provides detailed information on top queries, top app pages, and traffic by country. You can also filter it by country, device, search type & others to drill down for further information.
Cross check which content from your app actually matches with the content from search & getting more clicks. If they are matching, users are finding the content good else navigation need to be restructured or content needs to be fine tuned for better user experience.
If you have an android app for your business or services along with a website, Google now allows you to connect both the app & the website. This helps users searching on their smartphones & tablets to be directed to the respective app content. Once the users have installed the app, the users will be directed to the relevant part of the app. Many sites have already implemented this feature & Google has made it even more simpler to connect the website & app. These new features also help analyze the performance & find out the errors. The steps involved are
1) Add deep link support to your app
2) Connect your site and your app
With the normal crawling & indexing process, Google will discover app/site deep links & provide the deep links results in Search. A new feature has been added in Webmaster Tools to help find any issues during the app-site link. It will show you what type of errors have been detected for the app page-web page pairs & can be corrected to show correct links.
90% of people move between devices to complete a goal on PC, Mobile, Smartphone & others. 86% of people use their smartphone while consuming other media. 75% of customers prefer a mobile friendly site. Sites that work across multiple devices are more enjoyable & successful as well.
These are the main parameters to keep customers happy:
paths to purchase and
The 3 main ways of delivering them are
Responsive web design
In case of users searching for beauty products online, many start their journey undecided on brands. Makeup, Skincare, Fragrance, hair care & others are some of the products users are looking for. Beauty shoppers take action after watching beauty videos on youtube & other leading video properties. Some of the findings from the Google study are
1) 58% buy to replace a product they ran out of, 36% buy to take advantage of promotion, 27% buy to try a new product.
2) Price, Quality & brand are most influential to beauty purchase decisions
3) Almost half of beauty shoppers don’t know which brand they will buy when they start shopping.
4) Beauty shoppers rely on paid search ads while they research
5) Free shipping, speed and convenience move beauty shoppers to buy online
Google commissioned Ipsos, an independent market research company, to find out how Click to Call in Organic & Paid Mobile Search Results Influence Purchase Decision. 1500 Mobile searches who made the purchase were used to understand the process. Some of the key findings from the study are
1) A 3rd of mobile searchers need to directly call a business from the search results.
2) Adding a phone number to mobile search ads results in an avg CTR increase of 8%
3) 52% of Mobile searchers find the call button useful
4) 72% of clicks on a mobile search ad call button lasts longer than 30 seconds.
5) on Average 40 million calls are driven by Google ads each month
6) Lack of call button can damage consumer’s perception of business.
If the Infinite scroll is not implemented in search engine friendly way, crawlers find it difficult to crawl & index. Then the content will not surface in search results. Google Webmaster Central has a great article on how to implement the Infinite Scroll in a search engine friendly way.
1) The webpage or the CMS used should produce a paginated series to go along with the infinite scroll.
2) All the individual items are accessible. However, with the normal infinite scroll, crawler can’t discover individual items displayed after the initial page load.
3) Decide how much content to have in each page.
4) The content should be so divided that there is no overlap.
5) Each component page contains a full URL.
6) Use rel=next and rel=prev values in the section to configure pagination.
7) Implement replaceState/pushState on the infinite scroll page.
Rapid increase in mobile browsing & search has led to better design of mobile sites & faster loading times. Mobile websites should be built properly to drive more traffic from search & provide better customer experience. Some of the check list from Google webmaster central to improve mobile websites are
1) Optimize mobile persona workflows for your site.
2) Build for mobile behaviour & also provide for social sharing.
3) Remove cumbersome extra windows from all mobile user-agents & remove features that require plugins or videos which may not be found in the users device.
4) High traffic & poor user experience mobile pages should be designed properly.
5) Tablet users be served with the desktop version or if available, the tablet version.
6) Optimize crawling, Indexing & search experience. Unblock resources that are robots.txt disallowed. Implement search engine best practices.
7) Have a seperate mobile site & include CSS @media query.
8) Search integration with mobile apps.